Reading Time: 3 minutes
In home-based care, many providers either use multiple virtual patient tools that lack EHR integration or they don’t use virtual care technology at all—which can result in low productivity and suboptimal patient care. With CitusHealth, providers get complete patient engagement in one fully integrated solution.
For providers spending hours playing phone tag and replying to emails trying to coordinate care, this digital solution gives them the time they need to focus on patients with seamless communication methods that give care teams real-time access to those they serve.
Here are seven benefits of using CitusHealth technology versus manual email communication.
- Detailed tracking. With the CitusHealth platform, every message has detailed audit tracking of who sent it, who received it, if it was opened, etc. When using email, there is no easy way of getting such audit records without involving IT admin support. While CitusHealth tracks data, organizations are able to audit as needed.
- Message escalation. When emails go unanswered, there’s no automated capability of escalating them to someone on the care team who can handle it. CitusHealth helps you escalate messages to roles or individuals who can get urgent questions answered.
- Message recall. When a person is removed from a group in CitusHealth, they no longer receive those messages (but they can continue to access prior messages). With email, there’s no easy, non-IT way to remove messages from inboxes.
- Pre-authentication. With email’s ability to receive messages from anyone, ransomware, harmful links, and other issues are always a possibility. CitusHealth only allows pre-authenticated and pre-authorized individuals to communicate with each other.
- Multiple identities for routing. In the CitusHealth platform, messages are routed based on roles and names—as opposed to email only having user-based identity. This means emails can only be sent to entire groups or single individuals, with no real knowledge of roles and other important patient care details.
- Messaging with history support. CitusHealth allows individuals to be added to group message threads, where they can see the thread’s history and future messages. With email, new members added cannot instantly see the stream’s history—keeping care team members from getting caught up on where patients are in the care journey.
- Encryption. Since sending emails outside of the internal server likely removes encryption, this method of communicating is unsecure. CitusHealth messaging is encrypted and helps you maintain HIPAA compliance.
Schedule a demo with us today to experience how CitusHealth can help your organization engage patients instantly and more efficiently than other manual methods of communication.